Menu

Monday, December 23, 2019

How to Keep Plants Watered While on Vacation!




If you are a plant lover, going away on a vacation that is longer than 1 week is a torture when you think about how to keep your plants watered while you are away.

I went online and searched for video tutorials on this topic and could not find any that actually walked me through the process, what strings or ropes to use, how to place the ropes or position the plants. I saw a lot of pictures and diagrams but nobody showed it -- someone who actually tried it.


So I did it. And I decided to share on my vlog to be helpful.

This was a first for me, so I didn't expect everything to be perfect, there were some things to be learned.

What I found was:


1. If you use natural fiber ropes, it will soak up and over water your plants. Therefore: use natural fiber for thirsty plants and use Nylon for plants that don't like a lot of water.

2. You do not need a big pot of water. Put just enough water (however much you would need for a normal watering session.

3. Still on the fence on this -- I need to try this: Do not elevate water pot to avoid over-watering.


Here is the video I shared on my Youtube Channel. I hope you learn from it. And I can't wait to do it again on my next vacation. Don't forget to read the comments, some people have shared some valuable thoughts that will help you.







No comments: