Menu

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Missed Sunset

I love sunrises and sunsets. My husband and I attended a conference over the weekend at Harvey Cedars, NJ where sunsets and sunrises and are visible, without any buildings blocking the horizon. The last night of the conference, after I ate, I looked out the cafe window and said to my husband "it looks orange outside, is the sun setting?" he said: "I think the sun doesn't set until 7:28 tonight." (It was about 6:00 when this happened). Just to be sure, I got up and saw the fire ball sinking down the horizon. I can't tell you the urgency I felt picking up my camera bag and said "I have to catch the sun set". I felt like a woman trying to get to the border while the enemies are shooting at me. I was running in the sand to get to this view and didn't look up, I was running fast too.... And then, I got there. Then sun was gone!!!!! I was so sad and upset at the same time! It's not everyday that I see the sun set, and when I get the chance to see it I wasted the time running towards it. 

So, here you go, some sunset halo. Hope you like it too. Pretty cool looking afterglow.

I guess you would call missed sunset, dusk? :)


And I don't know why my texts has this white highlight and I can't figure out how to remove it.





No comments: